
But luckily it turned out looking like this ... (don't mind the burnt turkey juices on the bottom of the pan).
We ate lots of yummy food ... turkey, rolls, corn, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie!!! I wanted to make a home made pie but it was cheaper to buy two pies (buy one get on free) than to buy the ingredients for one pie. Maybe someday when we aren't poor college students.
It was a great Thanksgiving, even though we didn't get to spend time with family. I'm so thankful for my family and friends and all that they do for me. I hope everyone else had a great turkey day.


4 comments:
Mmmm... delicious! Looks like you guys enjoyed your first thanksgiving together!
Betsy you look so cute in your apron! I love how your turkey looks :) Jon and I had a Thanksgiving by ourselves when we lived in Provo. It was a good experience but it also made us appreciate how the holiday is all about the crazy family togetherness. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!
Goodness sakes! That is just about the cutest apron I've ever seen. Where DID you get it? If you made it, you know you have to make me one for my birthday next year, cause all I have are cheesy aprons which don't happen to be as cute as yours.
Awesome job on the feast! Are those homemade rolls? Who taught you how to cook? You are amazing sista!
I love my apron too ... but I didn't make it. I got it as a wedding gift from Shilo's family. And I wish I was as great a cook as I made myself look; nothing in that feast was homemade, but that was the first turkey I've ever made.
Post a Comment