Saturday, November 14, 2009

Water Polo

Last week I entered into a water polo tournament on campus! We only had four teams so it was a really short double elimination tournament. My first game was on Wednesday at 9:15pm and there was only one other girl on the team and we didn't have any subs. We won our first game so we had another one right afterwards and I was so exhausted ... I forgot how physically demanding water polo is. They asked me to play goalie for a little bit because we didn't have one and they said I have long arms. I agreed to play, but I didn't do very well, especially because I was playing against a bunch of guys and they can throw the ball REALLY hard. Shilo got a couple of videos of me being goalie and them scoring on me, but he didn't get the one time I actually blocked a shot ... oh well.



During our second game I actually made a goal, but we didn't get a picture. We lost that game so we were scheduled to play on Thursday night at 9. We did really well our first game and we actually had someone to sub for us.



The blur with the blue cap is me trying to guard the ball

Since we won that game we played another one right after, but the team we were playing wouldn't let us have any subs becau
se the guy who helped us out the first game wasn't origionally on our roster. I had no energy during the second game so I was pretty useless. We ended up taking second place. It was pretty fun being able to play again, but I've decided that I don't enjoy playing coed ... boys are just too mean.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Wish we could have been there to cheer you on! Good for you, getting out and doing something physical! I am trying to persuade myself to run on the treadmill right now!

Steph said...

Wow, that's awesome that you got back into it, even if it was just for a few games :) It's always so funny when you try to go back and do activities that you did in high school and realize it isn't so easy as you remembered. You look really great though!

Marie said...

You are amazing and I am jealous! You got to play water polo...even if it was against a bunch of meanie pants boys. I only played against girls and they were mean enough, so I can only imagine.

Go Betsy!!!

Crystal said...

He he! That brings me back! I'm jealous, I miss playing h20 polo with my Betsy. I'm sure you did a whole lot better than I would've though!