Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book Arts

This last semester I took a really fun class where we learned how to make books. Did you know that you can actually MAKE a book by hand ... without any help from machines? It was one of my favorite classes ever! Here are some pictures ...

Sewn on Cords


Coptic Stitch


Sewn over Tapes


Stab Binding


Casebound

I made this paper using a technique called Marbling

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Is this a new class? That is SO cool! I like the last one the best!

Steph said...

Those all look awesome! Way to go :) They remind me of my journals. I always go for the funky ones.

Marie said...

What is going on? Is this my sister? Why have I never heard any of this? Those books are amazing and awesome! You made books! I'd like to hire you to teach my children to make books please. It will be part of their curriculum next year. When are you coming? Love you.

Brittany Shore said...

Bets! All of your books turned out so cool! I've been dying to take that class. It looks like a lot of fun.

Crystal said...

Wow! That is ridiculously cool! How the heck did you make the two bottom ones by hand?!