August 25th-September 3rd we took a family vacation to WA because Shilo's sister, Georgie was getting married! She didn't get married until September 1st, but we decided to go early so we could have a whole week to spend with family. We decided to fly instead of drive. We have to take advantage of Eli flying for free while he's still under 2 years old and it's so much nicer to take a 2 hour flight than to drive 12+ hours.
While we were there we spent a lot of time catching up with family we haven't seen since we moved to Utah. Everyone was so excited that Eli was there that they almost forgot to say hi to us. Just kidding. But Eli really was the center of attention and got spoiled by everyone. He ate treats like Teddy Grahams, popsicles, skittles, and sugary cereal all week long. And sometimes even for breakfast. He loved every minute of it.
He also got to spend a lot of time outside playing in the mud and water. He was in HEAVEN! And very, very messy.
We got to WA just in time for Georgie's bridal shower. It was SO much FUN! Her cousins planned the whole thing and definitely outdid themselves. But the decorations were super cute, they games were lots of fun, and the food was so delicious! And Georgie got some really great gifts. I told her she better not leave any of them laying around the house or Eli might put them in my suit case on accident.
I was also pampered and got a mani/pedi along with Georgie and her cousin Katie. While we were getting our nails done the guy doing Katie's nails asked if we had started school already. We told him that we had already graduated from high school. He looked at us and said "really?". We told him that all of us had already graduated from college too. He looked really surprised and we were kind of laughing. He continued painting Katie's nails and then looked up and said "no kidding?". It was really funny. I guess we all look really young still. Never mind that fact that both Katie and I were 4/5 months pregnant :) It was lots of fun. We went out to lunch after we got our nails done and while we were in line waiting to order our food we were admiring our nails and talking about how cute they were. The older man in line behind us was trying not to laugh at us because we were acting so silly :)
Shilo had some fun on vacation too. But it ended a little too early for him. He went golfing on Tuesday with his brother Collin and again on Wednesday with his cousin Camron. The next day he felt awful. And he continued to feel that way for the rest of the week. He spent a lot of time sleeping and coughing. Poor guy didn't even get to play all the video games he wanted :( He wasn't even able to help set stuff up for the wedding reception because he felt so bad. I guess that's what happens when you sit at a desk all day every day for work and then go golfing. At least he didn't have to use any sick days at work.
And then Georgie and Camas got married! Shilo and I were able to attend the temple sealing while his brothers watched Eli. It was wonderful.
When we came out of the temple Collin and Jacob said Eli did great the whole time (probably because he got to throw rocks). But when it came time to take pictures he was not a happy camper. Maybe it was because it was too hot or he was hungry. Or maybe because he had to wear an adorable bow tie :)
After we took pictures we all went out to lunch at Inca's. The food was great, but Eli didn't want to sit still. Eating out at restaurants with him is more work than it is fun. Then we went home to relax for a little while and then finish getting things ready for the reception.
The reception was awesome. Great food, weather, and people. Eli had lots of fun running around with the older cousins. He thought he was one of the big boys. He also enjoyed hanging out with Katie's little girl Lainee. They thought it was really fun to stand by the stereo and 'lead' the music. It was pretty cute.



2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Eli is SO cute! Love that pic with the bow tie :) And I know how it feels to always have pictures of everyone else and not yourself, because I'm always behind the camera too!
Haha, I gasped when I saw the pictures of Eli all muddy! You're such a good momma to let him play in the mud...I don't know if I'd want to deal with the clean up. He looks so handsome in the bow tie. I'm glad you had an (overall) great trip!
Post a Comment