Shilo has really good eye insurance through his work. So good that we each get a pair of "prescription" sunglasses (with a really good discount from the insurance) every year for our "sensitive" eyes. Well, it's been a year since we got our first pair so we decided to go back and get our next pair (even though the ones we have are in perfectly good shape ... but who couldn't use more than one pair of sunglasses?). When we went in to look at sunglasses we told the lady that Shilo works for E*Trade and that we wanted to get a new pair of sunglasses. She started to pull up our information while Shilo and I started looking around. After a few minutes she asked if I was looking for a new pair too. I told her yes and then she said that she didn't have a prescription on file for me. I told her that last year when I had my eye exam the doctor told me I had such a small prescription that it wouldn't even make a difference. So basically I have really awesome eye sight! Then the lady told me that I wouldn't be able to get a pair of sunglasses (with the amazing insurance discount) because I didn't have a prescription. I guess they changed the rules since we got our last pair.
After Shilo picked out his new pair of sunglasses and we left I thought of a time when I was probably about 12 years old. I was with my dad and we were driving to visit our friends the Wheeler's. We were driving on a back road that had trees on one side. As we were driving along I said "Look Dad, there's a deer." He asked where and I pointed it out to him. But he said he couldn't see it. I then told him that I could see it and he couldn't because "my eyes were so blue". He thought that was pretty funny and we still joke about it today.
So I guess the point of the story is that I wasn't able to get a new pair of "prescription" sunglasses because "my eyes are so blue" :)
Fall Sports 2025
11 months ago


1 comment:
this is really cute :) too bad about not getting new sunglasses, though!
Post a Comment