Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vacation

On December 19th, 2009 Shilo and I graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho! It was such an awesome experience to be able to walk together. We even got to hear from Elder Richard G. Scott! Shilo received a BS in Business Management with an Emphasis in Finance and a Cluster in CIT. I completed all my classes for a BS in Recreation Management with a cluster in Art and a cluster in Exercise Science.



After graduation we packed up and moved to Royal City, WA. A few days later I had an interview with the Moses Lake Parks and Recreation Department and I got the job as the Recreation Assistant Intern! I will be completing my internship with them this summer after which I will be an official college graduate.

We spent Christmas with Shilo's family which consisted of a lot of food, gifts, family, and fun.
















Bright and early on Dec 30th we got in the car and headed to California to visit my family and after about 13 long hours we finally made it. The best part about this trip was that my sister Marie and her five kids had spent 4 longs days driving across the country to come and play with us!

We had so much fun playing games, going ice skating, celebrating my birthday, going to see Avatar in 3-D, playing Beetles Rockband, visiting our grandparents, eating lots of food, and just being together.


6 comments:

Marie said...

Oh, I miss you! I love your slideshow. You even used some of my favorite pics. I guess they were your favs too. I'm putting a link from my blog to yours so people can see our fun vacation! :) I love you!

Steph said...

That's awesome! Congrats on your internship :) I didn't know you guys were in CA for a few days! Don't lie, I know you miss it haha. Have fun in WA!

Anika said...

YAY, I found you! I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog! Head over to my blog to find more cousins!
willandanika (dot) blogspot

Anonymous said...

word gets around fast! im so glad you are a fellow blogger :) now we can keep better tabs on you!

send me your email and i'll send ya an invite to our blog [being private sucks] mine is littleivy[at]live[dot]com

Angela said...

Good news definitely does travel fast. Love the blog! Mine is private but I would love to send you an invite. No pressure. Only if you want one... My e-mail is angela.m.iverson@gmail.com

Congrats on being a college grad! Isn't it so exciting?

Tilleea said...

Another cousin! We love that Anika keeps us all in touch.

I can't wait to meet you in real life. You seem so fun and I hear so many good things about you.

I too am private, so I'll figure out how to get you an invite, so you can put a face with a name.

Congrats on Graduating and on the new job. I am so jealous that you are so close to my family!