Monday, December 31, 2012

Celebrate!

Just like every other year, the whole world celebrates my birthday because it is on New Year's Eve!! Shilo had to go to work, so we didn't do a whole lot of celebrating. He did however get me an AWESOME present. I got a new sewing machine!! I've been wanting to try sewing for a while now, but I've never had a machine of my own. When I was younger my mom would always try to teach me how to sew, but I was never interested. I'm sure she was shocked to hear that I wanted a machine of my own.

I was able to find a $5 sewing machine at D.I. to use as a trade in for a $100 discount on my new sewing machine. Pretty awesome, huh?!
















My first sewing project was turning an old onesie that had broken snaps into a t-shirt. So basically all I did was sew a hem. It was easy once I figured out how to wind the bobbin and thread the machine. It didn't turn out perfect, but I'm sure I'll get better with practice :)


Shilo also picked up dinner at Costa Vida because I didn't feel like cooking dinner on my birthday. It was delicious! Since he didn't make me a cake I told him that he could at least put some candles in some cookies and sing to me. So he did just that. And it was perfect :)















I also enjoyed receiving text messages, Facebook posts, and phone calls from friends and family wishing me a Happy Birthday. Thanks! 2012 was a great year and we are excited for the new adventures we will have in 2013. We are especially looking forward to the birth of our baby girl. Only 4 more weeks to go!


















Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Brittany Lewis said...

Nice sewing machine, bets! great job on the onesie to shirt transformation. i also had a cookie with a candle in it for my birthday dessert. haha. can't wait to hear news about baby! hang in there, i'm sure you're getting uncomfortable.