Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Haircut

On April 29th we decided to give Eli his first haircut ever. I still thought his little curls in the back looked pretty cute and he was finally starting to get some length on top. However, Shilo thought it was time to get rid of the "old man" hair. So I finally gave in and let Shilo buzz Eli's hair. Eli sat in Daddy's lap while Mommy held his arms down and Daddy cut away. Eli screamed at first, but he didn't really try to get away. I'm not sure if it was the noise or the feeling of the buzzer on his head that scared him, but he didn't like it. I must say he looks much more grown up now. And looking back at older pictures his hair was a little scraggly and he was starting to get a little rat tail. I did keep one of his little curls. Shilo thought I was weird. Maybe I am. But I know I'm not the only one that keeps hair from their baby's first hair cut.



















5 comments:

Brittany Lewis said...

haha, i love the picture of shilo holding up eli's long hairs. his new haircut looks great!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Oh my gosh! So cute!! I need to do Johnny's, he looks REALLY old man...in fact, that is what we call him. Love the pictures.

Brit said...

how cute!! i love his little curls in the back. i for one, am glad you saved one! (:

Tilleea said...

hahaha I kept one of my boys hair from his first haircut and just found it (about 8 yrs later) and can't remember who's it is. so make sure to label it!!

Erin Anderson said...

Betsy,
Your little guy is so cute! He looks so much like you! Hope you guys are doing well. Where in utah are you living?