It's been 2 months since my last post ... sorry. I've been such a slacker and I've got A LOT of catching up to do. Sorry it's so long, but a lot can happen in 2 months.
The fun all started on July 20th. It was 7:00pm when Shilo and I got in the car to meet my sister for our awesome road-trip to Oregon that we had been planning for months. I had really sharp pains in my stomach and then the pain settled in my lower right abdomen. I thought for sure the pain would go away, but boy was I wrong. As Shilo continued to drive and I continued to complain (and cry) he called his parents to see what side the appendix is located. When they told him it was on the right side he started to turn around so he could take me to the hospital. But I was determined to go on this road-trip with my sister. So I said "Turn around. I'm going to Oregon!" But not more than a minute after he turned back around I realized the pain was too great and I told him we better go to the hospital after all. So he turned the car around again and we went to the hospital. Luckily we were only about 20 minutes away. We finally made it to the hospital and went straight to the emergency room. It seemed like it took forever to get checked in and put into a room! When I did get to my room I had to lay there and wait and wait and wait for a nurse to come in and see me. They asked me all sorts of questions and did all sorts of tests to see if they could figure out what was wrong. After about 45 minutes to an hour I was finally given some pain medication through an IV and that was such a relief!
After I got the IV they sent me to get an ultrasound of my appendix. The ultrasound tech found my appendix but wasn't able to really tell me anything yet. She had to take some pictures and send them to a radiologist for a diagnosis. While she was looking around for my appendix she also found this ...
Yes, that is our BABY!!!!! Of course we already knew I was pregnant before we went to the hospital but I hadn't been to my first appointment yet. So the doctors wanted to make sure the baby was in my uterus and not in one of my tubes. As you can see the baby is right where it's supposed to be and we got to see the heartbeat which was really awesome. At this point I was about 7 weeks along. After we got to see our baby and my appendix I was sent back to my room and we waited for the results about my appendix. When the nurse came back to see me she said my appendix was flared up and there was some fluid around it. They wanted to keep me overnight in the hospital and most likely do surgery in the morning. As sad as I was that I was going to miss my road-trip with my sister I agreed to stay.
It was a long sleepless night in the hospital but I didn't have any more pain. They gave me lots of antibiotics and wouldn't let me eat or drink anything in case I had to have surgery. The next morning Shilo and his grandpa gave me a priesthood blessing and then we waited for the doctor to come see me. After a lot of waiting and visiting with family (Shilo's parents and my sister and her family) the doctor came and talked to me and said he didn't want to operate on me because I was feeling so good and hadn't had any more pain. He said it would just make me feel worse. So they told me I could go home. But who wants to go home when you could go on a road-trip to Oregon to see your grandma and swim in the river? Not me ... I got in my sister's 12 passenger van with her and her 5 kids and husband and we were off! Shilo didn't come because he had to work the rest of the week. But he did drive down for the weekend.
Oregon was awesome!
We swam in the beautiful river
We weeded Grandma's garden
We went to Wildlife Safari
And we made delicious apple pies!
In other news, Shilo and I were able to pay off our student loans in less then a year of finishing school. Which officially makes us DEBT FREE!!!! Shilo has about 1 month left of his apprenticeship with Edward Jones and he got another offer in the mail to officially become a financial adviser. The last offer he got was just to be an apprentice, but now in about 4 months he will get to start working for himself. Which basically means instead of knocking doors and telling people about the financial adviser he is working for right now he will get to tell people about himself and hopefully they will let him help invest their money.
And now back to our baby :) I am almost 16 weeks along and my due date is March 5th. I've been feeling pretty good for the most part. I've only had a little bit of morning sickness and I'm tired all the time. I'm also really hungry but I never know what to eat, if I wait too long to eat I feel sick, and if I have to cook anything it doesn't taste nearly as good as it does if someone else made it. Sometimes it still doesn't seem real to me that there is a baby growing inside my belly. And when I try to put my favorite pair of jeans on and they don't quite fit right I have to remind myself that I'm not really getting "fat". My favorite part is going to my doctor appointments and seeing the baby move around on the ultrasound and hearing the heart beat! Hopefully next month we will get to find out if it's a boy or a girl. Any guesses?
Here is the latest picture
And last of all, sorry to all my friends who have blogs. I promise I read all of your posts and I LOVE them, but I have been really bad about leaving comments. It's not that I don't care about what you have to say because I really do. I love reading your blogs!
Streifen Streichen Ideen Wohnzimmer
5 years ago




10 comments:
HAHA you are so cute! (about the last blog comment) It's all good if you're just a blog stalker :) I'm so excited for you and Shilo and your baby! I feel like you're going to have a boy. Whatever it is, it's going to be awesome! That trip to Oregon looks like it was a lot of fun too. I love homemade apple pie! I'm sorry you had to go to the hospital :( Thank goodness for priesthood blessings! haha I think I just commented on your whole post backwards. Hope you're having a good week!
Oh my word, I hadn't heard ANY of that story. (I'll have to get on anika's case about that!) Glad you are feeling pretty good, and I can't wait until next month!
Betsy! I'm so excited to find out what your having. I can honestly say I have no idea what your going to have! But if I had to guess I'd have to say a girl.
YAY!!!!! I think you guys will have hmmm...i really don't know on this one! You guys will be great parents and I am SO excited for you both! Also, WAY TO GO on being debt free! I can't WAIT for that day!
aww, I'm jealous that you've already had so many ultrasounds! Isn't it the funnest thing ever seeing your baby in there? I'm guessing that you're having a girl. :) You really have had quite an eventful 2 months!
a boy, a boy!! a girl, a girl!! oh, sheesh, just have one of each. :) i can't wait! you two are gonna make the best parents......yay for you!
You had to remove a comment? How exciting! I'm going to guess a boy...and then we'll have one too so they can play together. Maybe they can even be born on the same day. Wouldn't that be fun? I'm so glad you came to Oregon with us. I love you!
It's so great to hear what's been goin on with you guys! You're such a strong mama! I'm super glad that you didn't have to have surgery! I usually get some kind of vibe, but I'm just not sure yet for your baby...I'll let you know when I decide. :) I'm glad that you had a nice trip with your family! Love you!
Congrats on the little baby!! :)
Post a Comment