Our Halloween festivities started last Friday when we carved our pumpkins (see 2 posts below). On Tuesday night our ward had a Halloween Carnival for the little kids. Even though Eli doesn't understand the concept of Halloween and "Trick or Treat" yet I thought it would be fun to dress up and try it out anyways.
It was really hard to get a picture of the two of us because Eli just wanted to run around. Eli and I were basketball players and unborn baby girl was the basketball. Daddy was supposed to be another basketball player, but he chose to be the 'coach' instead. (He just wore what he wears to work; slacks and a button up collared shirt).
I think Eli's favorite part of the whole night was the doughnut on a string game. He played at least twice and kept trying to go back for more, so we had to distract him with other things.
He also did a really good job hitting the pinata.
On Halloween night our ward had a Trunk or Treat. Since it stated at 6pm Shilo wasn't able to make it because he was still at work. I know he was really sad that he missed it because he didn't get to dress up. Haha, yeah right! So Eli and I went by ourselves. We got there a few minutes early and set up. I let Eli sit in the trunk and practice handing out candy.
But after about 15 minutes of handing out candy he decided it was time to get some candy of his own. So we left the trunk open with the candy in it hoping that it would be gone by the time we got back. I tried to get him to wear the sweatband all night and carry his own pumpkin but he refused. Good thing I took a picture before he ditched both of them :)
He wasn't too sure about the whole thing and didn't understand that when someone handed him a piece of candy that he was supposed to put it in his pumpkin. He was happy to let me carry the pumpkin while he kept one piece of candy in his hand at all times. I tried to get him to say 'please' at each car and he did a pretty good job. Occasionally someone would be putting a piece of candy into his pumpkin that looked better than the one he already had in his hand so he would switch it out for the better piece. When we got done making the rounds of the parking lot we headed back to our car and found that only half of our candy was gone. I was really hoping that the kids would take as much as they wanted because no one was around, but I guess they are just too honest.
Luckily Eli doesn't think that all of the candy is his and doesn't ask to eat it all day. But on the flip side now I have all this candy sitting around and no one to eat it except for me. Shilo can't handle eating too much sugar anymore, Eli forgets that it exists, and I have a major sweet tooth.
And here is a picture of just me in my costume. (Baby Belly at 27 weeks)
We are also very excited for our Halloween party this Saturday with two of my old roommates! It was supposed to be last weekend but we had to re-schedule. Better late than never, right?
Fall Sports 2025
10 months ago






1 comment:
These pics are adorable! Haha, the one of Eli doing the donut eating contest is hilarious.
Post a Comment