Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's been a while

A couple of weeks ago we went on our first family hike up the Rocky Mouth trail to this little waterfall. Eli loved it so much he didn't want to look at the camera!














Our next hike was on Labor Day. We went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Doughnut Falls. Georgie (Shilo’s sister) and Alan (Shilo’s old mission companion) came with us. I guess everyone else in Utah had the same idea, because there were so many people. But, we were the only ones smart enough to eat doughnuts at Doughnut Falls! Eli loved being outside and he especially liked trying to touch the water.








My parents and grandparents are here visiting this week. My grandparents got a time share in Ogden for a week and since it is only about an hour away from where we live (Midvale) we spent some time visiting them. We went on a hike with them too. Well, it was more like a nature walk. We also played some card and bored games, watched movies, and Shilo and I even played racquetball with my dad.














My parents and grandparents also came down to Midvale for an evening and we went to the Hale Center Theater and watched the play Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. It was a great play! Shilo wasn’t able to go because he had work. I left Eli with Maureen Pinegar (a lady in our ward) while we went to the play. I was a little nervous because he still nurses pretty often, but I left some applesauce for him and he did great. She took him for a walk, he played with her dog, and he even took a nap.

That same night after the play one of my old roommates, Brittany Shore, from BYU-I stayed the night with us because she was catching a flight from the SLC airport the next day. It was so great to spend some time catching up with her. She is pregnant with her first baby and is due in February. We had a lot of fun remembering the fun times we had in college.

In other news, Eli is 7 months old and CRAWLING! He started crawling while I was on the phone with my sister. I was just telling her that he was getting to close to crawling but just goes backwards. As soon as I said that he started crawling forward towards the computer cord. It was so crazy. I kept moving the cord father away from him to see if he would keep crawling and he did. He started crawling right before my parents and grandparents came so that was really fun for them to see him learning how to crawl.


4 comments:

The BaKeRs said...

Hey!!
I love all the pics and the video!! He is so freaking cute and I love him so much!!! Hug him for me!
O and there is a girl in one of your pictures that looks like a girl I served my mission with!
LOVE U!!!

Brittany Lewis said...

The hikes looked fun! Nice waterfall. I'm glad you got to see your family this week. And thanks for hanging out with Connor and me yesterday!

Steph said...

Oh my gosh how fun! Doughnut falls sounds awesome :) Eli is just so cute!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness we miss you guys!! looks like your doing fine without us...darn :(