Thursday, June 3, 2010

Leaving On A Jet Plane ...

June 20, 2010
Depart Spokane, WA @ 11:20 am
Arrive St Louis, MO @ 6:55 pm

I wish this flight itinerary was for me, I really do ... but it's for Shilo. It really should be for me because then I would only be 3 hours away from my awesome sister Marie and we would have so much FUN spending time together! But that will have to wait until July/August when we go to Oregon to visit our Grandma, swim in the river, and sleep under the stars ... I'm so excited :)

So why is Shilo going to St Louis instead of me? He's going to training for his NEW JOB with Edward Jones!For the last month Shilo has been in the interview process with Edward Jones. He had 2 phone interviews, 1 face to face interview, and had to drive 2 hours to Spokane to spend 10 minutes getting fingerprinted. And now it’s official … he received the congratulations email last week!

After 2 days of training in St Louis he will start his apprenticeship with Ted Thomas here in Moses Lake. After 2 months of working with Ted he will be evaluated and then have 2 more months of his apprenticeship. At the end of his 4 month apprenticeship (in October) he will start studying for his Series 7 License.

Even though this apprenticeship won’t pay very much we are very excited for this opportunity. It will allow us to spend more time together because we will have the same work schedule, Shilo won’t have to miss out on any family get togethers and he will get to go to church with me every week because he won’t be working weekends, and hopefully in the long run he will make lots and lots of $$$$$!

7 comments:

Steph said...

WOW! Congratulations! That is amazing news :) Great things are happening!

Tilleea said...

congrats! a new job is always exciting.

mini-wheats said...

Congratulations Shilo! That is SO exciting! I am glad you and Shilo will get to spend more time together! I know how it feels to not have a husband a lot of the time! It stinks!
Love you!

Anika said...

......don't know when I'll be back again......

oh, I guess you probably do. hehe

Congrats Shilo, let's celebrate!

Brittany Shore said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you both. What a good experience for Shilo!

Bryn and Sierra Charsley said...

Congrats Shilo!! What great news!!

Marie said...

Congratulations Shilo and Betsy! I'm super excited for you both.

I am TREMENDOUSLY excited for our Oregon trip! I can't wait to sleep under the stars out on the deck with the waterfall in the background. YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!

I love you!